Monday, June 20, 2011

Ryan Adams - Barbican Theatre

Took my work buddy Vaughan to see Ryan Adams at the Barbican Theatre. It was a solo acoustic show - one of only a handful across Europe as Ryan's "return" to the music industry after a 2 year hiatus.

As even occasional Ryan Adams fans know - he can be very much a hit-and-miss proposition in concert.

Fortunately, this was practically my dream Ryan Adam's show.

He was engaging and fun, really seemed to be enjoying himself. The setlist could have been ripped straight from my ipod playlist "RAdams faves". You'd think it would be hard to top kicking off with 3 in a row from 'Heartbreaker', but he managed it with the encore by dipping back all the way to Whiskeytown (first time he'd played them in 10 or 15 years?) for '16 Days'.



Full Setlist:
To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High)
Oh My Sweet Carolina
Damn, Sam (I Love a Woman That Rains)
Everybody Knows
If I Am A Stranger
Firecracker
My Winding Wheel
Invisible Riverside
New York, New York
Ashes And Fire
Let It Ride
Desire
The Rescue Blues
English Girls Approximately
Blue Hotel
AMY
Encore:
16 Days
Two
This House Is Not For Sale
Stop